2017 NWSA Annual Conference: 40 YEARS AFTER COMBAHEE: Feminist Scholars and Activists Engage the Movement for Black Lives
November 16-19, 2017 • Baltimore, Maryland
The National Women's Studies Association leads the field of women’s studies in educational and social transformation. Established in 1977, NWSA has more than 2,000 members worldwide. Our annual conference regularly draws more than 1,800 attendees and is the only annual meeting in the US exclusively dedicated to showcasing the latest feminist scholarship.
Read the complete CFP here: www.nwsa.org/CFP
View How-To videos with help on submitting variou proposal types at www.nwsa.org/CFP
To Login and Enter the Submission Site:
1. Login using your username and password for your individual membership (current, recently expired and guest logins can submit)
2. Click SUBMIT A PROPOSAL on the vertical menu (screen shot)
3. Follow the prompts from there
Deadline for Proposals: February 22, 2017
Note that all proposals must be submitted electronically via www.nwsa.org by 11:59pm EST on February 22, 2017. Late submissions will not be considered.
Please check out our FAQ
2017 Chair and Director Meeting
Friday, March 3, 2017
Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL
Registration closed on February 1, 2017.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are intersted in attending (space not guaranteed
View the Agenda Here
- Engaged Teaching, Jennifer Brier, The University of Illinois at Chicago and Charlene Carruthers, Black Youth Project 100
- Growing WGSS Enrollments, Danielle DeMuth, Grand Valley State University
- Curriculum Transformation: Women’s Studies and Beyond, Nana Osei-Kofi, Oregon State University
- Closing Wikipedia’s Gender Gap, Jami Mathewson Wiki Education Foundation
This event is intended to promote field-building by bringing together program and department chairs and women's center directors for a day-long meeting as an added benefit of institutional membership. Participants will exchange ideas and strategies focused on program and center administration, curriculum development, and pedagogy, among other topics.
TO PARTICIPATE PLEASE COMPLETE: